Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Cheesy Cauliflower Stuffed Peppers


First off,  I'm not a huge fan of peppers. Or at least I wasn't until I decided I wanted to lose some weight and needed to start eating more veggies. Once I started eating peppers I came up with all sorts of recipes that were actually pretty good. This one had never really looked appetizing but I must say I loved it. 

In this recipe for stuffed peppers I switched out rice for cauliflower rice. Again upping my veggie intake and decreasing the grains.



Stuffed Peppers Recipe


Ingredients
6 medium colored peppers
1 lb. ground beef (pastured)
2 c. cauliflower
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 c. cheese
1/2 c. onion
1/2 c. green pepper
2 Tbs. lard or tallow
2 Tbs. garlic
1 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. cayenne
1/2 tsp. parsley


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In pan, on stove top blanch peppers for 2 minutes.  In frying pan heat lard until hot, add onions and garlic. In bowl mix meat, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, tomato sauce, 1 cup cheese and cooked onion mixture. Mix well. Add cauliflower rice slowly until just before it is no longer sticking together.  Place peppers on cookie sheet or cake pan. Stuff peppers. Cook for 30 minutes. Add cheese to top it off. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.

Enjoy.

~Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...