Wednesday, May 28, 2014

CTR Towel Tutorial With Poem and Printable




I don’t know if you have seen these super cute CTR Towels for “Great to be 8”…but I think they are just darling. When my Primary President showed me the idea I knew I had to try it. I helped make a bunch for the primary and then did some for my nieces and nephews. I am not a great seamstress however these are simple and easy to make. The genius behind this idea comes from The Rachel Berry Blog.  Head on over there to check out Step by Step pictures on how to do the towel and for the pattern printable. I have added an editable poem with a CTR background that goes with poem. She also has a cute one you can download on her site.
Not only is this a cute idea for baptism but you can use the idea to put anything on it; a name or shape…

Supplies you’ll need:
White Bath Towel
Fabric of your choice
Wonder Under
Sewing Pins
Iron
Sewing Machine
CTR Pattern
Printable Poem (Find your printable poem here: Pink, Green)
How to:
Step 1: Iron the Wonder Under to the wrong side of your fabric
Step 2: Pin your CTR Pattern to your fabric and cut it out
Step 3: Peel off paper backing and iron pattern onto towel
Step 4: Stitch around entire pattern
Step 5: Print off Poem and You’re done!!!

The Printable poem turned out really cute. I've designed a pink one and a green one. To download an editable pdf file click on the color you would like
Pink
Green
You should be able to edit the name for each child.


UPDATE: I have also added a full editable decorations pack to go with this. Check it out here:
Great to be 8 decorations


Like this post? Please share it by
Pinning it here

13 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Signed up under my husband's google account…oops!

      Delete
  2. I can't get the download of the poem. I signed up under the account etc. We need this for a baptism next week. Can you send me the file? chickens bunnies and home school at g mail dot com?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I love your baptism blanket poem! I'm having trouble downloading this poem...Can you send me the file?kelly ann kennard at g mail dot com ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having problems downloading the pink and green file. Can you email me the file to oliviaben at hotmail dot com? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! Going to make a towel for my best friend's little girl for her baptism tomorrow. I am also making one for my son who will be baptized in a month. Love the poem too and it was easy to download, edit the name and print. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. by the way, for those that are having trouble downloading it, you click on the word "Pink" or the word "Green" which will get you where you need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I trace a backwards image of the CTR shield onto my under wonder by taping it to the window. Then I iron it on to my fabric. It makes cutting it out easy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i can't edit the name! can you tell me how please? than you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You open the pdf in adobe reader and click on the blue box with they name and type over it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can edit and enter a name but the letter "y" either cuts off at the bottom or the whole name goes to high and cuts off the top of the name. How do I fix this? The name i'm using is Molly. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am having the same problem with the letter "y". Do you have a solution?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...