Friday, April 20, 2012

Fat Sick and nearly dead

So I have been struggling during this pregnancy to get my veggies into my daily diet. I work at a weight loss clinic where our clients eat 4 cups of vegetables a day. That is a lot. (especially when it doesn't include potatoes and carrots). My parents have started Juicing after watching a documentary entitled "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead". http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/ After they and my midwife told me to watch it I finally did. I needed to find some way to get all those healthy green veggies in. It is a super interesting film. My parents have been feeling so much more vibrant and healthier from all the fresh fruits and veggies. So anyway this is a great film to watch. It helped me realize that most American's really don't get the veggies they need.

I do however feel like it is a complete waste of vegetables to juice them. You loose a lot of the bulk of the veggies. (ok and the real truth) I can't stand to drink them. I think they are disgusting. So although I love the idea and the ease of it I really needed to come up with something else. I decided to just make sure I ate tons of veggies. So of course if I want to eat them whole it is going to take a lot for me to learn how to incorporate vegetables into my diet.
How to shop for veggie's
How to cook them so they taste good
How to cook meals that include veggies but don't take forever. (let's face it...it's easy to throw spaghetti on the stove, it's easy to do whatever is already a habit.)

So there is the goal.... Learn to cook healthy meals that taste good but don't take forever to make. Can I do it? I hope so. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...